Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Kashmir - The worst year ever for me!!


I have been visiting Kashmir for a very long time. In good times, in bad times, after injuries or in good health, in times of duress, curfews, tensions and so on. But this was by far my worst year. There was so little snow even on Afarwat, let alone the village. It was appalling. I think it was commendable we lasted 10 days in these conditions. 

Worst part was that it snowed the day we flew out of Kashmir. LOL. 
(PS: The video shows how little snow there actually is on Afarwat)





The three Amegos?

When you can't ski; You eat.

Awesome views from my room!



My Best Friend; as long as he's not licking me!

Views from G4. Depressing in the vicinity but awesome in the distance. 

In a good year, none of these rocks can be seen. 

Gondola station lit up in the foreground. Afarwat in the background. 

My Best Friend!!

Scant Crusty Snow!!

Fine Tuning!! :P
I just hope that next year is somewhat better. Heck who knows, I might make another trip later this year in early spring. But this trip leaves a lot to be desired. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be nasty!